Engaging, challenging and focused programs designed to expand their potential.
BIG THINKING is where students are:
- Challenged to think more critically
- Inspired to think more creativity
- Motivated to think more collaboratively
- Required to think more coherently
Meeting at the Toowoomba City Library on Wednesday afternoons during the school term, BIG THINKING participants are confronted with challenges that demand a higher level of cognitive functioning.
The students of today will graduate and be confronted with a very different world from the one we know now. In order to prepare this generation, the QCAA (Queensland Curriculum & Assessment Authority) have identified the necessary skills to best equip them. Each term, BIG THINKING will focus on one of the essential skills. Together, we will develop the thinking and operating proficiencies that students require to be successful in a rapidly changing world.
The 21stCentury Skills that BIG THINKING will target in 2019 are:
- Critical thinking – Term 1
- Creative thinking – Term 2
- Collaborative thinking – Term 3
- Coherent thinking – Term 4
Some activities that participants encounter will wrap-up after just one term, while other endeavours may require two or more terms to complete.